If you are an employer, are in control of premises or have health and safety responsibilities for others – you may have legal duties in relation to legionella, as set out by L8 Approved Code of Practice from the HSE.
- These duties include:
- Identifying and assessing sources of risk
- Preparing a scheme to prevent or control risk
- Implementing, managing and monitoring precautions
- Keeping records of precautions
- Appointing a manager to be responsible for others
Receive your free report on the Duty Holder’s responsibilities under L8.
As members of the Legionella Control Association we have been closely involved in the drafting of the L8 Approved Code of Practice with the Health & Safety Executive. As a result, we have extensive working knowledge of this document which forms the basis of your legal duties and responsibilities as a duty holder.
Working with Western ensures your compliance with the L8 Approved Code of Practice.
From initial discussions through to full implementation, we will support you every step of the way to meeting your legal obligations. As well as providing advice, Western Group can carry out:
- Risk assessments
- Chemical water treatment
- System cleaning
- Routine monitoring of your system
- Record keeping
- Training for your responsible staff
We will work with you and your team to formulate the most effective Legionella control scheme for your site.